2 ingredient quick and easy (Gluten Free) Pizza Dough and Flatbreads
This 2 ingredient quick and easy (Gluten Free) pizza dough and flatbreads recipe is always handy and comes to the rescue on busy days. It is always a hit with kids and adults alike.
The recipe for people that are not gluten free is the same but uses a different flour! For flatbreads, it is the same recipe just cooked differently. 🙂
I have a recipe coming up for the perfect pizza sauce, that works really well here and with all pizzas obvs, hence the name. You could however also used ready made pizza sauce. The simplicity of this recipe lends itself well to ready made because it is specifically designed for busy days.
I have seen this recipe knocking around the internet for a while and have been making it myself for the past 2 years. Therefore it is difficult to credit it to anyone specifically because there are literally thousands of people that have made it and the credit doesn’t seem to have gone to one specific person. So here i am holding my hands up and saying this creation and idea was not mine and has been taken off the internet and I have looked at several sites. However, I just need t make you aware that once you make this, you will definitely make it over and over and over again.
I love making normal pizza dough too. Normal? Haha I mean the yeasted version. Even though the process takes hours.
I am back to college this week and have mountains of work to do so my focus is a little scattered. Especially because I have left my work so last minute. I have to string together thousands of words by late next week and its making me panicky. To be honest, the great thing is that its an opportunity to revise last years work. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that.
Anyway, i hope you enjoy this recipe.
- 190g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour/Self Raising Flour
- 200g Plain Greek Yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp Oregano (Optional)
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place all dough ingredients in a bowl and mix well with your hands until you form a ball.
- Split into 2 - 4 Balls.
- Use your hands to spread the dough into any shape you desire.
- Smooth the edges with the back of a spoon
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until the surface starts getting slightly crispy.
- Top with ingredients of your choice.
- Return to the oven for another 10 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown.
This recipe is nearly a 1:1 ratio of flour to yoghurt. I have found that this ration really depends on the flour you use. In some instances I have had to use almost 2 cups of flour to yoghurt.
To make Naan Bread, floor the recipe but cook the naan bread in a dry pan until bubbles appear, then flip and bake till cooked. This takes 2 minutes on each side. I will add some photos to this post to show you how they will look.