Avocado Egg Boats with Dukkah
Aah avocado egg boats with dukkah.. aka an awesome breakfast idea. I have seen this idea floating around on Pinterest. The egg and avocado boat idea I mean.
I really don’t like to fuss with fiddly food. So it’s weird that I tried this. I am more a chop the avocado and plonk a poached egg on it type of girl. I dunno though, this felt more contained. Neater if you will. I was thinking about my daughter to be honest. She is a messy eater as it is. (Just saying..this does not in any way take away from how amazingly awesome she is in every other way..). So anyway these avocado boats with dukkah were perfect for her. Like a large, green, wide egg cup.
I have got the biggest headache on earth. For real. It is taking everything in me, not to drop my laptop and go to sleep. I have a podcast on in the background about detoxification. It’s really boring. Usually i geek out on these things so that is really saying something. I want to put it off but my phone is too far.
I think I briefly mentioned in a recent post, that my little sister gave birth to a perfect little baby boy. He is just beautiful and adorable. He has that baby smell. I didn’t get to spend much time with him when I went to visit because they were both still in hospital, so I cannot wait to see him again. The little cutey pie. I cannot wait to go down again and give him a cuddle. The kids weren’t able to see him yet. Oh it has just dawned on me that I am repeating myself because I am getting that de ja vu feeling. I feel like i have said all of the above in a previous post. It probably wasn’t as ‘briefly’ as I thought. OOPS!
Anyway for this recipe you can use ready made Dukkah or make your own. Recipe for that is here.
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Dukkah
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop out some flesh.
- Important - Remove a small piece of the skin on the back so the avocado sits straight on any work surface.
- Separate the eggs between 3 bowls. A yolk each in 2 of the bowls and egg white in one bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the avocado halves, flesh side down, and cook for 30 seconds, or until slightly golden.
- Turn the avocados over and add the egg whites.
- Turn the heat right down, put the lid on and cook for about 15 minutes or until the egg whites are almost set.
- Slowly add the yolks into the avocado and cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and top with Dukkah.