Date Cereal Bars
How handy are cereal bars? There’s nothing better then a grab and go snack at breakfast time. Here’s how i make my date cereal bars. The dark chocolate is optional and the bars are delicious without it too.
- 230g oats
- 130g mixed chopped nuts and seeds
- 75g dates pitted and chopped/blended into ½ cm pieces
- 170g peanut butter
- 110ml honey or agave nectar
- 100g 70% or higher dark chocolate melted (optional)
- Sprinkle sea salt (optional).
- Line a small baking tin with cling film or baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the bars apart from the dark chocolate and sea salt. Stir until well combined. If the mixture is dry, squeeze in a little more agave or honey.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared tin and press down firmly with a spatula/small glass cup, back of spoon – whatever you fancy.
- Pop in the fridge overnight. If using dark chocolate.
- Top bars with dark chocolate and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Cut into bars and wrap individually.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Based on 12 bars