Cheese string bites
Kids love cheese string bites and my kids loved helping me to make them too.
This really is an ideal recipe for getting the kids involved because it is so easy to make and the kids will devour them once they are done. It is a perfect half term activity. Aah half term…The school holiday’s when some days despite your best intentions, you can’t get out of the house. An easy activity like this one breaks up the day and stops them fighting! (Well it stops my two anyway).
- 2 x packs 80g pack cheese strings (4 strings – cut into 8)
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (If you can’t find panko, use golden breadcrumbs instead)
- 1/4 cup golden breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 small eggs or 1 large egg
- 1tbsp milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Heat oil in a large deep pan.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and add the milk. Whisk together with a fork until combined
- Combine the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl and mix through with your hands.
- Place the flour in a separate bowl and add the paprika, cayenne, garlic and onion powder to it, making sure you mix all the ingredients through well with a spoon.
- Coat each piece of cheese in flour, then dip in egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Repeat one more time.
- Deep fry until the crust is golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Remove from fryer and drain on kitchen tissue.