Chicken Caesar Salad
A classic chicken caesar salad has anchovies in it. I don’t do anchovies though so this is how I make it. Steering away from the classics, is sometimes ok right?
I don’t know about you but I find eating well in winter very difficult. It is a real challenge because I want to warm up and I associate comfort with food. (Such a bad idea). However, I need to get better and that means I will be putting myself through a detox real soon, so I will have to fight this need for comfort and just knuckle down.
I tell you what else I find challenging in this weather. Opening the front door, to let humans and a huge gust of wind in. So today, the virgin media guy is coming round because our internet is a little bit all over the place. It is up and down every few days which is obviously a huge issue for me. So I am glad he is coming but also kind of dreading opening the door and having human contact. I mean, can’t he just Watsapp me a solution so I don’t have to communicate face to face? Please don’t judge me. I am very slow to warm up when its hot. Its my whole social anxiety thing. Trust me, I wish I wasn’t that way but I am and I accept myself for what I am! Well, that was awkward. Right in the middle of typing this, the virgin media guy turned up and had to move the laptop with this page open to another spot. The place he was trying to get to was fiddly, so he was sat staring at this for some time. He was actually really nice and went above and beyond for us. Aaah isn’t that nice to hear?
I do hope you enjoy this salad. It is the perfect packed lunch and I love it.
- 1 lb chicken breast cleaned and cut into strips
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tso dried dill
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- salt and pepper
- Small bunch romaine lettuce leaves
- Handful basil leaves
- Handful cherry tomatoes cut int half
- 4 boiled eggs
- 4 tbsp feta cheese crumbled
- Combine all the ingredients for the chicken in a small bowl.
- Add the chicken to a non stick pan over high heat.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until done. (Depends on thickness)
- Combing all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Add the ingredients for the salad to small bowl.
- Top with the chicken and dressing.