0 Flares 0 Flares ×
Chicken Piccata is the kind of dish I suspect you will make a lot more of once you have tasted it. The capers in this recipe is what makes this chicken so special. They really enhance the dish and add a sour and salty flavour.
For a long time, i thought capers were something to do with fish. ‘What a dork’, i hear you say. For those of you who are as equally as confused as I was, this is what they actually are.
This same recipe would work really well with cod. I haven’t yet tried it but sometimes you just know!
As a side note, my precious loved ones have mentioned that my amazing spatula looks like a piece of salmon or something so apologies for that. 🙁 Thanks family!
By the way if you have kids, this recipe is a winner. Even the fussiest kid will love this. My husband love it too. It is one of the recipes that I couldn’t wait to get up because I know it is so good.
Recipe Type: Lunch/Dinner
A delicious chicken recipe with capers and lemons
- 2 lbs thinly sliced chicken breast fillets
- ½ cup plain flour with 1 tbsp in a separate bowl
- 2 1/2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 1 large lemon or 2 small ones (Juice of)
- 2 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breast evenly with salt, pepper and cayenne. Cover in flour and shake off excess.
- Melt butter in a large a non stick pan over a high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan.
- Add chicken to pan, cook for 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Mix the remaining flour with the chicken stock and combine.
- Heat remaining oil in pan.
- Add garlic and sauté.
- Add the stock to the pan. Cook until reduced (About 3 -4 minutes)
- Stir in the lemon juice and capers.
- Place chicken breast in serving plate and add the sauce over the top.