Chocolate and Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Granola Bars are very very easy to make. They are crunchy and salty sweet as well as soft and delicious to eat.
I have always been a snack queen (clicks and twirls) and granola or cereal bars are my favourite snacks ever. However the ready made variety are often loaded with sugar. These dreamy Chocolate and Peanut Butter Granola Bars are all about simple ingredients and they are naturally sweetened. Also, because the ingredients are very basic, you can swap them as needed. Technically I don’t know if these can be called a granola bar. Well they do have oats, nuts and dates in them so i guess it counts, right?
Have you ever made homemade granola bars? I make them a lot. Basically I am an addict. I reallllly hope you all love these bars! They are:
Crunchy on top and soft in the middle
Easy to make
For more granola bar recipes, check out my Sunnah Inspired Date, Honey and Black Seed Cereal Bar and my Date Cereal Bars.
I’m so excited to share this post with you because granola bars are life. I have spent a lot of time and energy making a variety of granola bars and I will be uploading more. These ones are like a mini version but nonetheless delicious. By the way if you like these, or you think someone else might like them, or you want to save it for later, please share and tag me #tiffinandtea. Firstly it makes me really happy when people make my recipes. I love getting your messages. It is also really helpful to me when you sure my work. Thank you to all of you who do and will!
- 140g (1 Cup) Oats
- 95g (1/2 Cup) Ground Almonds
- 4 tbsp Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 heaped tbsp Salted Peanuts chopped
- 10 Dates (Pre soak for 30 minutes if they are hard)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 - 4 tbsp Water
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 30g Salted Peanuts roughly chopped
- Pop all the ingredients for the bars in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more water if need be.
- Press the mixture into a lined 20x20 tin (I line with foil or baking paper).
- Pop the tray into the freezer and freeze for an hour.
- Meanwhile break the chocolate into small pieces and add to a heatproof bowl. Add a little boiling water to a saucepan and heat until simmering. Put the bowl over the water, making sure it isn't touching the water. Heat the chocolate, stirring regularly, until melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the bars.
- Top with chopped nuts.
- Chop into 8 - 12 bars.