Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Ginger Oaties
Chocolate, peanut butter and Ginger Oaties – These lighter chocolate and ginger oaties have no added refined sugar and they make the perfect healthy chocolate snack for that afternoon slump. Also they are no bake!
Hi guys..Sorry for the delay with this post but I promise its worth the wait! These are so easy to make and also a recipe I would encourage you to make with your kids or your nephews/nieces. I am thinking of starting a series of really simple recipes that you can make with the kids. Of course they can also get involved in more technical recipes too but sometimes their attention span only allows them to make quick recipes which happens to work perfectly for me too.
- Soft and Chewy
- Refined Sugar Free
- Plant based
- Great for Snacktime
These Skinny Chocolate and Ginger Oaties are also great as part of a clean eating plan or detox. They are lightly spiced and delicious and pretty healthy.
I’ve made these a lot over the past week. Sometimes with the kids and sometimes without. I know every food blogger says that but I genuinely have and i have never said that I’ve made something a billion times in one week before so I promise i’m telling the truth. (LOL How weird did that sound?!). Basically I am obsessed with these and I think you should make them.
I know you’re in love with these oat biscuit things aren’t you? I have had so many messages about them already! This recipe reminds me of these peanut butter cookies. Except they don’t have 200g of sugar in them. Thats how you know this recipe is one of the older ones. Also the pics are kinda frightening. I remember I thought they were amazing at the time. Awks..
- 260g Smooth Peanut Butter
- 160g Maple Syrup
- 180g Oats
- 1 tsp Cacao/Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a medium pot over medium/low heat, add peanut butter and maple syrup. Whisk until well combined. Take off the heat as soon as it begins to bubble.
- Stir the oats into the peanut butter and maple syrup.
- Add the Cocoa, Ground Ginger and Salt and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the dough into 15 - 20 balls.
- Top with Chocolate Chips.
- Pop in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a month.