Crustless Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
This crustless gluten free pumpkin pie is delicious. Why gluten free you may ask? Well, I have been asked by my doc in alternative therapy to cut back on my gluten and dairy intake so I have adjusted my diet accordingly. I am not completely gluten free, so I can have pumpkin pie with a crust too but I try to avoid gluten where i can and I want the blog to reflect that.
I always wonder if my sarcasm comes across in my writing? It can completely go over people heads if they don’t know you. My brother always says that I am the most sarcastic person in the world. He makes it so easy though. It just falls out of my mouth and lands on him when he is around.
Masterchef the Professionals is back on our screens. I love watching the chefs dance around their work stations, producing the most beautiful plates of food. That Gregg guy used to really get on my nerves (I don’t know why – usually I just don’t care about people on the telly). I actually think Gregg is ok now. I just couldn’t be around him a lot. He would be like that annoying uncle who is actually really sweet from a distance. You know, the one I am talking about. Every family has one. Ok most families do. I am blessed with a few. Hahaha only kidding.
I am really excited (Please don’t judge me) that I got all my grocery shopping done before the weekend. (So sad). Have you seen the crowds on a weekend? Crowds that multiply coming up to Christmas? I feel like giving myself a high five but that would just be like clapping, right? Oh well, no ones here. I am just going to do it. YASSSS! Ya get me. (One needs to get out more). I am dying to get out today. A little bit of weekend travel is fun and essential in my book. Manchester? Birmingham? Then I look at my husband and know, it ain’t gonna happen. So for now, I will just get over excited about things like getting my shopping done before the weekend. However lame that may seem.
Anyhow, here is the recipe for that crustless pumpkin pie. Do try it!
- 425g Pumpkin Puree
- 80g maple syrup
- 50g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder (GF)
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 350 ml evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- Non stick spray
- Preheat oven to to 400 degrees f/ 200 degrees C or Gas mark 6.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, maple syrup, light brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and ginger in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, stir in milk and pumpkin until the mixture is smooth.
- Spray a 9 inch pie dish with non stick spray and pour in the mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking until set, 30 to 40 minutes more. Cool for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.
- Bake for 15 minutes and reduce heat to 350 degrees F, 180 degrees C or Gas mark 4.
- Bake for a further 35 minutes.
- Leave to set for 1 hour before slicing. Enjoy!