0 Flares 0 Flares ×
These date biscuits are delicious and again really easy to make. They are chewy, sweet and despite their small size, quite a satisfying snack.
Serves: 25 - 30
- 350g dates pitted
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 2 tsp sugar (optional)
- 10 crackers or digestive biscuits broken roughly into 1cm pieces.
- In a small pan over a low heat, combine all the ingredients.
- Keep stirring the dates with a wooden spoon until you can feel that they have broken down enough to form a ball with the other ingredients.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly (not too much because the mixture won’t stick together).
- Roll out and cut about 30 cm of cling film.
- Add the date mixture to the middle of it and roll together to form a cylindrical roll shape.
- Try to get this as tight as possible.
- Twist the ends together and put the roll into the fridge for 2- 3 hours.
- Remove from the fridge, remove cling film and cut into biscuits.
- These keep for 2 weeks in the fridge.
*Based on 25 cookies