Four Ingredient Ritz and Werther’s chocolate bark
This Four ingredient ritz and werther’s chocolate bark is so addictive. The Ritz makes the caramel salty and a little crunchy and the chocolate makes it creamy. It is absolutely delicious and a definite must try. The chopped hazelnuts add a little nutty, smoky flavour too. Yummy!
My break at my mum’s house is coming to an end, although it is still unclear whether I am being picked up today or mid week. Why are men so vague and wishy washy? Just tell me when i’m coming home man!
Whatever the day, we will be doing our usual stop in Batley to see my husband’s gran who i absolutely adore (my bestie). She is such a sweetheart. My kids also love it there too. It just feels peaceful.
We actually lived in Batley for one year after marriage and I didn’t quite appreciate what it had to offer till we were leaving. Mainly because at that time we were really really strapped for cash. What i love about Batley though is that, you come home to a quiet place but if you want to venture out, there are some great little towns/cities nearby – Manchester, Leeds etc, and then at the other end of the spectrum, there are some beautiful and picturesque little towns too. There is actually quite a lot to do in Yorkshire.
My daughter will be starting nursery when we return too! O.M.G. I am going to miss her so much. She is so much fun. She is a little feisty madam but the people who really know her and actually make even a small effort with her, know that she is incredibly sweet and giggly too. It’s just that 90% of the time, she doesn’t take nonsense from anybody and why should she? Good on her, i say. Nothing wrong with being strong. Great skill to get you ahead in life! Give me that over whiny any day..
Today we are going to my brothers house because they have had some work done, so we are going to help them clean which i imagine will take hours especially with all our kids around. He lives opposite a great park. I really love nature and that park has a lot of woodland to explore. It brings back memories of the long walks I used to do before i got married.
Back to that bark. I’m tempted to knock up a batch today but seen as i don’t have any of the ingredients here, that might prove a bit difficult. This bark is best kept in the fridge because with Werther’s being so buttery, the caramel melts if left out for too long.
- 15 Ritz (http://www.ritzcrackers.com)
- 1 pack 135 g Werther's originals
- 100 g dark or milk chocolate
- 2 tbsp chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Line a small tin (about 20 cm by 13 cm) or a size that fits the crackers in a single layer with greaseproof/parchment paper.
- Add the Ritz crackers in a single layer across the bottom of the tin ( (you may need to break some so they fit).
- Remove the Werther's original from their wrappers and put into a small pan over a low heat to melt. Keep stirring the caramel with a wooden spoon and shaking the pot every once in a while, until the sweets are all melted. This takes about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and put into a microwave proof bowl on medium/high. Heat for 30 seconds and stir and continue to heat at intervals of ten seconds until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour the caramel over the Ritz crackers spreading evenly with a spatula or back of a tablespoon and put in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Once set, pour the chocolate over the top of the caramel layer and top with the hazelnuts. Keep refrigerated until serving.