Honey and Soy Noodles – Ready in 5 minutes!
Lip smackingly delicious honey and soy noodles – ready in 5 minutes and perfect for busy days.
There are days when we all feel very lazy and on days like that, I like to make really simple meals that require little or no effort. Meals that can be multiplied easily to feed any extra people that might turn up. (This is normal in some households! Not so much in mine but we do have our days!).
Two days after Eid is a great example of a lazy day. The leftovers are finished, your head feels like its filled with candy floss and you don’t know what is going on. On days like that, you don’t want to be stood in the kitchen for hours on end. You want to get in and out and have a meal ready for when the kids are getting grouchy. This is the perfect crowd pleasing meal for those days.
Back in the day when I used to live at home with my mum, we would batch freeze garlic, ginger and chilli pastes. A lot of people within the asian community used to do the same. What a mission! Nowadays, I don’t have the time or patience to batch peel/crush/grate/blend anything! So I either use fresh garlic, ginger and green chillies or I use these little pots/tubes from Very Lazy. They are so handy and convenient. I cannot emphasise that enough. I mean what can be better on a really busy day, then just reaching into the fridge and whacking in some Very Lazy finely chopped garlic or whatever into your food? It saves alot of faffing about.
Btw the Very Lazy products are also really good value for money and as with anything fresh, they taste so much better then their frozen counterparts.
- 100ml Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Very Lazy Lemongrass Paste
- 4 tsp Very Lazy Chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp Very Lazy Chopped Red Chillies
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 225g Fresh Egg Noodles
- 1 tsp Very Lazy Ginger Paste
- 3 Spring Onions sliced finely
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl.
- In a wok, heat the oil, then add the noodles and ginger. Stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the sauce onto the noodles and toss though for 1 minute.
- Turn the heat off and add the spring onions and sesame seeds. Toss through one more time and serve.