Loaded Mexican Chicken Burger
I have a thing for a good loaded mexican chicken burger. It’s understandable right?
A chicken fillet topped with sour cream, jalapeños and the like. I have adapted this mexican burger recipe based on a recipe for chick-fil-a which I have heard so much about (Link below). I can’t explain how good it is. I don’t use words like unctuous. I keep hearing chefs say it but i am not a fan of the word and this Huff Post article sums up why.
My parents are off abroad to India today. Even though I barely see them (because of distance), I will really miss them. Like really miss them. Isn’t that odd? I can understand why the rest of the family will miss them, because they see my parents a lot. For me, i think it is just the thought of them being away. So last night, my kids spoke to them and asked them for presents. (I am glad it was my parents and they took it as a joke, i mean how embarrassing).
My daughter had reached the point of exhaustion and just screamed down the phone. Prior to that my son came to tell me that she had chopped her hair off with those supposedly not so sharp children’s scissors. She cut her hair in the most odd place, at the crown so it was spiked up at the back. It was almost scarecrow like. She has shoulder length hair, so odd strands standing up at the back, is not the best look.
During the day, I went to town and saw some face sticker things. Basically it would make my kids look like tigers. They were on offer at 99p. I should have known. I had to scrub my daughters face so hard to get it off. My son didn’t put his on. My daughter looked like a tomato with a stupid hair cut by the time I had got it all off her face. She was very angry. She had had enough. She gave me that look off disdain. You know the one. Basically the look told me that my child thought I was a pile of garbage. On the plus side, anger makes you sleep apparently. She knocked out as soon as her head hit the pillow.
Anyway, do try this recipe. I hope you will love it as much as we do!
- 1 lb chicken breast butterflied in 4
- 175 ml gherkin pickle juice from jar
- 2 large eggs
- 60 ml milk
- 130g plain flour
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Veg oil
- 4 burger buns
- 1/2 Lettuce shredded
- 2 Tomatoes
- 4 large pickled gherkins sliced finely
- 3 tbsp jalapeños sliced finely
- 4-5 tbsp Sour cream
- 1 33g pack Nacho Crisps
- Marinate chicken in the pickle juice for an hour. (This is a crucial step!)
- Combine milk and egg in a bowl and whisk.
- Combine flour, icing sugar, paprika smoked paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, celery salt and dried basil in a large bow.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. You need enough to come up to 1/2 inch in the pan.
- Dip each chicken piece into the egg, then into the flour mixture.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked through.
- Make into a burger with sour cream, lettuce, tomato and gherkins, jalapeños and nachos.
This recipe is adapted from Moms Need to Know and believe me, we do need to know.