Maple chicken thighs
How are we on this wet and windy morning? Is it wet and windy where you are? The weather has been interesting lately with some very hot and humid days followed by the loudest thunder and lightening i have ever heard. The lightening was so bad that it broke a cupboard in our back garden that was ready for the skip. With one bolt it became a flat pack. Oh well, easier to transport. On to the food. Maple chicken thighs are a little different to the food I usually eat and with them being so delicious and sweet, it’s a hit with the kids too. To kind of balance out the sweetness, i serve mine with some kale, lightly cooked in lemon and garlic. On occasion, i also serve it with corn on the cob because i just love sweetcorn.
We have had huge website issues over the last few days. Amongst other things, you may have noticed that all our page titles have duplicated themselves. It’s not a great look and makes me 🙁 because it took so long to set all the background stuff up in the first place. All that technological stuff isn’t my thing. However, I’m taking it in my stride because i can only do so much at the moment. My to do list is already chocca and i want to put all my focus on making Ramadan count, as well as making it a time my kids associate with fun and family. We are hoping to have the website back to normal very soon and will also be making a few changes. YAY!
Anyway, here’s some curly kale.. you know just in case you wanted to see some.
On to that recipe.
- 8 skinless chicken thighs washed and cleaned
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 inch ginger crushed
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- Marinate the chicken thighs in all the ingredients apart from the oil, for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to gas mark 6.
- Heat a large pan over high heat. Add the oil. Then add the chicken to the pan (without any marinade liquid), fry 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Add the marinade liquid to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes over a high heat.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until done. To check if it is cooked, pierce the thickest part of the thighs and if the juices run clear, the chicken is cooked.