Oats with baked pineapples
These oats with baked pineapples are my favourite way to have oats. They are just a little bit in front of these Baked banana oats. I love them because they combine flavours I love; honey, lime and pineapple. The chocolate I add to these oats is this lime intense one. It is delicious. These oats make my mornings more bearable on some days! You know those days where you just want to crawl back under the covers but then you realise you can’t… yeah those ones. Also hello? Walnuts! Brain power food. Trust me, on some mornings we all need some of that. I do sometimes add pecans too but most of the time i stick with walnuts.
I hope you enjoy them as much as i do. I sometimes lightly toast some desiccated coconut and add it over the top.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup milk
- 2 pieces (or 25g lime intense dark chocolate by Lindt)
- Honey to taste
- Handful walnuts
- 3 pineapple slices cut lengthways (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4.
- In a bowl combine the pineapple slices, honey and cinnamon.
- Bake in the oven on a foil lined baking tray for 10 minutes.
- Bring the milk to a simmer over a medium heat and add the oats.
- Reduce the heat right down and cook until it is at your desired consistency. I cook for five minutes,
- Remove from the heat and drizzle in the honey.
- Pour the oats into a bowl.
- Top with chocolate and mix through.
- Add the pineapple slices and walnuts.