One pot mustard Chicken
One pot mustard chicken is the kind of chicken dish everyone loves. It doesn’t need too much love and attention which is great for busy days. It just sorts itself out.
I make mustard chicken with chicken thighs or breast and it works well wither way. I also have a very similar recipe for lamb chops which is just as delicious and will be on the website shortly.
I got this recipe from my sister but i am not sure where it originates from. If you do, please let me know so I can credit appropriately for it and say a huge thank you too because it is so yummy. 🙂
You know when you have so much work to do that it is just so overwhelming? Right now, that is where i am at. I have hours and hours of training to do, I am running behind on other classwork and all that is before I have even thought about the blog or my new voluntary job. So right now, i feel like my head has a traffic jam in it. I imagine al the jobs like cars tooting their horns, trying to overtake one another. Really though..I just want to sleep. Sleep deprivation isn’t pretty. Stop moaning woman i just heard myself say. Disclaimer: These feelings in no way mean I am unaware of the countless blessings in my life. Nor do they make me ungrateful. 😉
Anyway do try this chicken. It really is one you will make endlessly as we so often do.
The reason is that some days on top of your day to day life and work, you also have appointments and meetings to consider and so meals like this are just so easy. One pot meals are lifesavers on days like these. As mentioned this recipe works really well with chicken thighs too.
Enjoy your day!
- 2lb Chicken breast cut into slices (skinless)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp Mustard
- 4 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 1 red pepper cut into ½ inch strips
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- Juice of half a Lemon
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- Pop the chicken breasts in a ziplock bag and pound until pieces are about ¾ of an inch thick.
- Marinate the chicken in the mustard, mayonnaise, lemon, chilli flakes for at least 2 hours.
- Add the cumin seeds to a dry, large deep pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Heat the butter and oil in the same pan.
- Allow the butter to sizzle a little and add the chicken breasts with the marinade. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat down and cover with a lid. Cook on a low heat for 20 minutes. Check at 10 minutes and add some water if need be.
- Season with salt and pepper. I add 1.5 tsp of each. Add chilli flakes, red onions and pepper and cover again. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice and vegetables.