Oven roast chicken legs with Potato, Garlic and Turmeric Sauce
These oven roast chicken legs with potato, garlic and turmeric sauce are awesome. A quick meal to put together and a dream for garlic lovers like me. I serve mine with mango and I love how well it works together. By they way I LOVE this photo.
Sorry guys, I am having a down day. I am desperate to get out of the house today. My husband is working long hours at the moment and my kids are very boisterous so taking them out on my own isn’t a possibility. I used to take my nephews and nieces out so I’m not a weakling but with my kids I need eyes in the back of my head and in my arms and legs too. No they are not out of control, they are kids being kids! This is exactly how they should be.
Anyway so I am hoping to get out today and have some fun with the kids. I just need some fresh air so hopefully when my husband comes home from work, we will be out of the house. My husband might need eyes in the back of his head because I will be so excited to be out, I might run off myself.
Today I was reminded that basic manners are so rare. When i come across a person with really good manners, I am so drawn to them. There is a lady I did a course with. She has such beautiful, exemplary manners. I love seeing her. I really do.
On the other hand, sometimes the manners we see on social media leave a lot to be desired. For example..the comments people make towards Hijabi You Tubers are just embarrassing. Even if you do not agree with what they are doing, there is a way to give advice (in private) and if you can’t say anything good, turn away. Also there should be a thought process going on. If you believe they are not modest for example, where are the 70 excuses? This is their journey. We can’t just judge and slander. I understand that people see them as role models but their journey is between them and God and if you feel strongly, pray for them and advise them in private. We all have faults/weaknesses. Every single one of us. It’s just that some of ours are hidden/concealed better and how lucky we are, that that is the case.
- 4 chicken legs and thighs (skin on)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 3 small potatoes peeled or 1 cup instant mashed potato
- 1 head garlic peeled
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/5 tsp Turmeric
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6.
- Make slits in the chicken legs and combine the ingredients for the chicken in a bowl.
- Heat a large pan over high heat and add the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes, Flip and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken to a tray and pop in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked.
- Boil potatoes in water until soft. Mash and set aside.
- Add the garlic in a blender with the salt, pepper and lemon juice. Pour a tbsp of oil into the garlic and blend again, then slowly add the remaining oil.
- Add the mashed potatoes a bit at a time until fully combined. Stir in the turmeric.
- Add the chicken to a bowl with the sauce and some mango. Enjoy!
Add the oil very slowly to the garlic to avoid it splitting.