Parmesan sweet potato fries
I love sweet potato fries. I really do. Sometimes I prefer them to normal fries and since I made these, I always prefer them over normal fries.
Nowadays you can get frozen sweet potato fries from places like Iceland and they are actually quite nice and convenient when you don’t have time to make your own from scratch but they are no match whatsoever for these beauties.
Imagine crispy sweet potato fries topped with salty parmesan, oven baked to perfection. Enough said.
What is even better then all of the above is that these fries can be adapted to make them super duper healthy (halve the butter and don’t add the sugar and parmesan).
Baked, they can be eaten without ANYTHING on them and that is quite something. They taste sweet and creamy and are a perfect snack. Wow, even i didn’t know i had so much enthusiasm for the humble sweet potato.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, cut into ¼ inch chips
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic granules or 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt + pepper
- Preheat oven to gas mark 6.
- Pop the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with the oil and melted butter.
- Add the parmesan cheese, garlic, brown sugar, cumin, smoked paprika, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Toss with your hands to coat.
- Spread the fries over 2 trays (at least) in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then check. You could turn the fries over at this stage (i don't).
- Cook for a further 15 minutes on gas mark 4 checking at 10 minutes to make sure they aren't catching.