Pasta in a Roasted Garlic and Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
Pasta in a roasted Garlic and Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce – This is a lighter Pasta Alfredo made by combining roast garlic and cauliflower into a delicious creamy sauce.
If anyone had ever told me that blending cauliflower would result in a variety of healthy alternatives for so many meals, I wouldn’t have believed you. I love cauliflower but I wasn’t ready to start turning it into rice and whilst that isn’t a new concept, it did take me a while to try it. Unfortunately I am still not sold. I think there are such an abundance of delicious vegetarian meals and recipe ideas out there and cauliflower rice isn’t one of them. Hey at least i’m honest! Let’s be real..it is nothing like rice. NOTHING. Cauliflower is great for making creamy alternative sauces though. It isn’t too out there for me!
BTW I am still to be sold on the Cauliflower Pizza thing too. Squash Pizza works better for me. I did make one cauliflower pizza base and then smothered it in a mountain of cheese to disguise that cauliflower base..Kinda defeats the purpose of trying an healthy alternative. It was basically a Cauliflower cheese recipe by the end and yes it was good. I didn’t even know there was a vegetable lurking in there.
Anyway back to the recipe that I was meant to be talking about. This pasta isn’t a gluten free variety. Although I have cut back on gluten, I haven’t yet cut it out altogether. I also think that this particular sauce needs a more robust pasta. The sauce just clings better. Roasting garlic is LIFE! Apparently this is how we talk nowadays. At least the use of ‘bae’ is no longer acceptable. Anyway as I was saying roasting garlic makes everything AMAZING. Especially sauces and soups. Seriously I am always on the garlic roasting train and pretty much add it to whatever I can. Oh it is also quite obviously awesome on bread.
Anyway this is a lovely and equally comforting alternative to the original Pasta Alfredo and I hope you will love it.
- 1 small bulb Garlic
- 1 small cauliflower in florets
- 500 ml veg stock
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 130 ml Milk
- 350g Pasta of your choice
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 - 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Smoked or Normal Paprika
- 3 tbsp Parmesan Grated
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6.
- Cook the Pasta according to pack instructions.
- Drizzle the garlic with olive oil and cover with foil.
- Pop in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Bring the vegetable stock to a boil and add the cauliflower. Top up with more water if need be.
- Cook for 7 - 10 minutes (Fork tender).
- Squeeze the garlic out of the bulb.
- Transfer the cauliflower pieces and the garlic (Use as many cloves as you like) to the blender. Add 250ml of the cooking liquid, butter, red chilli, salt, pepper, and milk. Blend or puree until the sauce is very smooth, adding more cooking water if need be.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the olive oil .
- Add the chilli flakes and cook for 30 seconds.
- Then add the cooked pasta, paprika, cauliflower sauce, parmesan and salt and pepper.
- Cook over a low heat for about 2-3 minutes. (Just till the flavours combine).