Peri Peri Chicken Burgers
Everyone loves peri peri chicken burgers right? I served mine with these brioche buns that were surprisingly easy to make. I also made my chicken as flat as I could, because the kids wanted to eat pretty sharpish. These burgers have all the flavours of that famous Nandos peri peri sauce. It’s basically a Nandos copycat burger. Did you see our recipe for Nandos chicken? Do give that a try too!
Is it just me that walks around in a constant state of anxiety and feeling guilty about anything and everything. I always feel like I am forgetting something or have done something wrong! Aah the perks of anxiety. Today is a bad day!
I come from a small town up north and growing up, I would always be out. Out of town i mean. I was always either in Manchester or London. My mum would joke that I should gets flats there. I wish I had listened and saved and invested to be honest. When I go to my mums, I generally just want to relax because I don’t get to do that here at all. I rarely meet up with people but when I do, I realise how much I have changed and grown up! I was so different a few years back. I think challenges in life can change you a lot. Spiritually speaking, sometimes that can be the purpose of a test – to learn some humility. I think i needed that. Or maybe that is something everyone has to go through to grow.
When I last went to my mums, I was invited to a get together. I really did not want to go because I am not great at things like that but one look from my mum, had me dressed and getting over it. Anyway, because it was so unexpected I had nothing to wear and neither did my kids so I felt even worse. By that i mean, nothing special to wear. I also didn’t have time to arrange outfits and borrow. We just went along and then i bumped into someone I used to work with. We were actually really good friends at one time and then life happened and we fell out of touch. It was during that conversation that i realised just how much I have changed. Don’t get me wrong, I was so happy to see her and we had a laugh but i’m just not the same person anymore. I suppose I have grown up. It has been over ten years though so I suppose people do change a lot in that time.
- 4 chicken thighs, skinless boneless
- 2 tbsp oil of your choice for frying
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red pepper chopped into chunks
- 6 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 red birds eye chillies
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/3 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp Peri Peri Sauce
- 6 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Marinade
- 4 Burger Buns of your choice
- Salad of choice (I would suggest a very basic topping - lettuce, tomato, some red onion)
- Blend the ingredients for the sauce in a food processor, take 2 tbsp spoons out and set aside. !Chicken
- Marinade the chicken in the sauce for 2-3 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat. Add the chicken and cook each side for 4 to 5 minutes, or until dark golden brown.
- Cover with foil.
- Mix the sauce you set aside with peri peri sauce, mayonnaise and sour cream sauce.
- Add some salad ingredients of your choice to a burger bun, top with the chicken and sauce.