Red Thai Curry Soup with Rice
This Red Thai Curry Soup with Rice Noodles is fragrant, delicious and silky smooth. A favourite in our home and the perfect winter warmer.
Yesterday we had a lovely day with the kids and as soon as i got in I made this soup yet again and my family slurped it up happily for the erm..3rd time this week? Ok maybe 5th. Usually they don’t do repeated meals. I have to think ‘hmm what shall I make now?’ but obvs I do that anyway because its my job.
Picture the scene.You come home from a long day at work. You are ravenous. You want to make one of the recipes from your Pinterest board, but you don’t have any of the ingredients. Driving to the shops ain’t about to happen. Don’t be daft. You want a quick meal. You want a meal that will warm your insides up. You want easy. Enter Red thai curry soup with rice noodles. HEYYYYY!
The base to this soup is made up of all the usual suspects. Think onion, garlic, ginger, then enters the curry paste and that luscious creamy coconut milk. Then its time for the rice noodles to enter and you have a perfect soup. Even my fussy son devoured it. He actually jumped up and did a little dance too. Yes he is very excitable and it sounds like an advert but it really happened. True Story. My husbands mates gobbled some up too. Just trust me on this. Make it.
I can’t tell you enough. Once you make this soup, you will definitely be making it once a week. It is so so good. Also you can add any veg or protein you want to the top of that soup:
It’s all good. Add whatever you want! Within reason..I mean you don’t want to be adding anything too whacky.
By the way, literally every year as soon as it gets marginally cold, I want to be in London. I am dyyyying to go there over Christmas this year. London is the place to be over the festive period. Can you believe I am already thinking about the holidays in December when October half term hasn’t happened yet? Wishful thinking.
Anyway please please make this soup. It is divine and you will love it.
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 inch of Ginger, crushed
- 2 tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 400g tin Coconut Milk
- 750ml Vegetable Stock
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 300g Fresh Rice Noodles
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and ginger, and fry for a few minutes until fragrant and the onions are just golden.
- Add the curry paste and salt. Stir fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stock, bring to the boil, turn the heat down and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Squeeze the lime into the soup and mix.
- Add the noodles and mix through very quickly. This is just so they can soak up the flavour of the soup.
- Divide the soup between 4-6 bowls and enjoy!