Rocket, caper and parmesan pasta
I love the simplicity of this rocket, caper and parmesan pasta. I love how fresh it tastes. I love how the peppery rocket/aragula is made milder with the addition of the sour capers and i love that the nutty, gritty parmesan compliments it perfectly. I didn’t call it spaghetti because the recipe works well with any pasta! YAY!
So, anyway i spoke with some readers and friends yesterday with regards to our little blog. Initially when i started this, we didn’t have a specific niche in mind. I wanted the blog to be authentic and a true reflection of how we eat which can be super healthy or quite the opposite. Where we are at now, is that we need to kinda reboot and detox and sort ourselves out a little. So once our current recipes are up, we will be moving towards a healthier approach altogether because ultimately that was always the goal/plan. We are undecided about the exact direction because we kinda just love all food! Haha! So, we were thinking of either going down the ‘healthier alternatives to your favourite meals’ or the clean eating lifestyle. I think the latter is what we are leaning towards long term as it is what we want for our family.
Alongside this, I do want to continue with the lifestyle bit of the blog because i enjoy it as much as the readers do and i want to add a section about mental health and positivity because that is so important to me. Also, In my mind, healthy eating inevitably extends to a healthy mind and body.
I love hearing from our readers but It still makes me cringe when someone watsapps me to say they read my post! I can’t explain why. I just feel a little bit er..embarrassed. Working on that.. Apparently its normal to feel that way!
Anyway, do let us know what kind of recipes you would like to see? I made vegan ice cream yesterday and it was yummy! I have also been working on some healthier recipes in the background that i hope to get up next week.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp oil (divided)
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 500g Spaghetti
- 3 tbsp capers
- Juice of half a small lemon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 25g Parmesan grated
- 70g Rocket
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water, until al dente or according to pack instructions. Drain and set aside in a colander. Pour a tbsp of olive oil over the spaghetti.
- Heat butter and remaining oil in a wide non stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the capers and cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Now add the garlic, paprika, lemon and cook for a further minute.
- Add the spaghetti into the caper pan and stir through.
- Divide the spaghetti mixture across 4 bowls and top with rocket and grated parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper.