Skinny and Not so skinny Gingerbread Latte
Aah it’s the stuff of dreams. Skinny and not so skinny gingerbread latte. The skinny still has all the flavour without the calories. Yes please! At this time of year, having a hot drink at all times is essential. It’s a rule. A law in my house. Ok I wish it was. By the way, the skinny bit here is IF you use a non dairy milk and skip the whipped cream, gingerbread and sugar!
Just returned from the dreaded school run and it was actually ok. Woohoo! I really love it, when you end up having a conversation with a random person and it just flows. I feel like men are so much better at it then women? What do you think? Maybe that is a slight over generalisation but men seem to flock to each other more easily. I think women are fussier about just jumping in and perhaps rightly so! We should be fussy about who we just let in. I know I am. I have MASSIVE walls up. I wish I didn’t. I really wish I could just talk to people and be more like my husband who can literally talk to anyone. (Not jealous at all).Yes I know I contradicted myself.
Random jumping to another subject warning..I am really craving cashew nuts. I made a dessert yesterday with a cashew cream on top and it was delicious. I am just thinking about whether I should go and get some cashew nuts from the kitchen..
it’s too cold though. Seriously need to get my hat on. I left it in my husbands car. BOO..I wear it when I know no one else will see me. When we lived up north, I used to wear ear muffs on top of my head gear and pop out. One day i totally forgot about them and walked into my uncle in laws house. He was just staring at my ears. I was thinking gosh, how weirdly awkward and strange is this and then i clocked on. He said he thought I was listening to some music with really big head phones on! Hahaha.
Anyway, this skinny gingerbread latte is perfect in this weather especially with some gingerbread in it.. I actually love going for walks in this weather. Especially to parks. I just love the look of the mist, the fog, the colours. AAAH Autumn you are so pretty but just a tad cold.
- 2 tbsp strong coffee in 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp blackstrap or regular molasses (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk of choice (coconut milk does leave a coconut like taste)
- Sweetener of choice (I used 2 tbsp Maple Syrup)
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium size pan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Using a small whisk, whisk until frothy.
- Divide the latte between 2 mugs.
- Top with whipped cream (You can use the vegan version which tastes exactly the same as the normal version btw or skip altogether for a true skinny version) and a gingerbread man (skip for a skinny gingerbread latte).