Smashed Sweet Potato with Labneh
I am of the opinion that once you have Labneh, you can become addicted to it. Thats why I put it on everything. This Smashed sweet potato with Labneh is a favourite of mine. I sometimes make my own Labneh but not all the time. Granted it is better to make it yourself every time but I don’t always have the time to wait. You could always use Burrata or Mozzarella instead too and add a little seasoning to it.
The postman just came, I wish he always came with a book and not just letters. Hehehe. Letters mean bills right? It isn’t like the old days where letters would mean, a chance to sit down with a cuppa and read words from loved ones. I love letters. Really. When i was a kid, I used to write to my Grandma in India. I used to get so excited about writing to them. I would write in Gujarati. Pages and pages of love poured onto the pages of a blue airmail envelope/letter thing. One page was used up just saying hello to the relatives. The thing is when you write to someone in India, there is this whole paragraph that you have to put at the top. It’s like some sort of weird poem/verse. I never understood it but would put it there anyway. My Gran and Uncles would often comment that my letters were written as though I was having a chat. They found that really funny. I never knew any other way and I think I am still the same. My blog is like a chat.I feel like I am having a chat with friends/relatives.
I can’t believe Christmas is round the corner and more to the point, that New Year is already here. I mean it has literally flown by. In the blink of an eye, the year has disappeared. That really makes me want to sit and slow down and reflect ad I think I will do just that now, after I finish cooking of course.
- 3 large sweet potatoes cut into 3/4 inch thick rounds
- Olive Oil Spray
- 3/4 cup Labneh or Burrata/Mozarella
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat grill.
- Add the sweet potato to a tray and spray with the police oil spray.
- Pop under the grill (medium/high heat) for 15-30 minutes, or until they are tender. (Keep checking!). Use a fork to lightly flatten each sweet potato round.
- Add a piece of Labneh to each round.
- Mix together the butter and garlic. Pour the mixture over the sweet potato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.