Smores Hot Chocolate
Tis the season for smores hot chocolate, warm fires, loadsa lights, cosy knits, roast meals and merriment. When I think of hot chocolate, camp fires come to mind. I love camping and I can’t wait to go again. I think that when you go once and realise that it isn’t as dirty and scary as you had imagined, its becomes something to really look forward to. We went with the kids when they were a bit younger and they still go on about it. I would have thought they would have forgotten by now but nope!
I coloured my hair a couple of weeks ago. I am not revealing the colour but it is in the rainbow. My daughter loves it but I am not sure. It wasn’t the colour I was going for in the first place anyway. Well I wanted a very pale, pastel version of what I have now. Mine is very in your face. So I am going over it with a dark brown today and that will be the end of it. Only a handful of people have seen it, so it will be like it never happened.
I just made some scrub for the kids bath time and it smells divine. It is so good for the skin. Eventually I think I would prefer to make all my own skincare products. I just feel it is so much better for the skin to use natural products from the pantry/fridge, over all the chemically overloaded stuff we buy over the counter. I am excited to share some skin care recipes soon. I am still very new to this holistic approach and as such am pretty much at the beginning of my journey. I am really excited about the year ahead and looking forward to feeling better!
Anyway I hope you enjoy this recipe for a cheats day hot chocolate. Do let me know if you try it!
- 500ml (17fl oz) whole milk (You can use coconut milk or almond milk instead if preferred)
- 100ml water
- 1 tbsp cocoa/cacao powder
- 75g (4oz) milk or dark chocolate, chopped
- 10 marshmallows
- Sweetener of your choice (I use maple syrup)
- Pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup (Optional) (I use the Sweet Freedom Choc Shot)
- Heat the milk, water and cocoa powder in a small saucepan over a low heat until it just boils.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate, stirring until melted.
- Put the marshmallows onto metal skewers. Grill under a high heat or until browned. This will take around a minute. Keep an eye on them! Remove and set aside.
- Add the sweetener and salt to the chocolate and stir.
- Divide the hot chocolate between 2 large cups.
- Top with chocolate syrup if using and add the melted marshmallows to the top.