Spelt, white chocolate and cranberry cookies
These spelt, white chocolate and cranberry cookies are a bit of a revelation to me. I wasn’t expecting to like them. I was literally just making the recipe up as I went along and praying it would work! They turned out so great, that even my kids LOVED them.
I’ve somehow managed to do something to my arm this morning, (Insert eye roll emoticon right here). I can’t put my arm down past 90 degrees. It causes pain. So odd. So i have had to comb my daughters hair stood up, prop my laptop on a table at the exact height I need it at and cook in a really weird way, making sure my arm doesn’t drop past that precise point! It’s actually quite funny. Also makes me realise how handy (Get it..) my arms and hands are. It has made me feel enormous gratitude for my normally perfectly working limbs. We are enormously blessed in our lives. Like if i try to count the things, I just can’t because there are that many.
I am dying to get to bed to be honest. I tend to wake up at 4 – 4.30 am and as such by afternoon, i need a nap. I rarely get the chance because my daughter is back from nursery at 11 am and isn’t interested in napping. Talking of my daughters nursery, I find adult (Parent) playground behaviour really strange. I am far too old to engage in these weird things. If you say hi or Salam (Muslim greeting) to someone once, twice or three times and they just stare through you, it becomes kinda awkward.. It has always been a bit of a gripe for me. There is so much emphasis on giving Salam and definitely answering Salam in my religion, yet in my experience the salam is rarely answered and then you just feel embarrassed. I once discussed this with my teacher after endlessly trying to give salam to people in the street. She said you would get the reward anyway so it’s ok. I guess that’s all that matters really. 🙂
- 115g Wholegrain Spelt Flour
- 170g Oats
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt
- 100g Muscovado Sugar
- 100g Coconut Sugar
- 155 g Unsalted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 90g Cranberries
- 90g White Chocolate
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4.
- Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof baking paper.
- In a medium/large bowl combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda, salt, muscovado sugar, coconut sugar and stir together with a wooden spoon.
- Whisk in the unsalted butter and egg till well combined. (This will take about 2 minutes at the most).
- Stir in the cranberries and chocolate.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop dough onto the trays and press down with your fingers. Leave 5cm space between each biscuit to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 18 minutes or till golden brown.