Spicy Miso Ramen Soup
Homemade Spicy Miso Ramen Soup is everything! I mean whats not to love? Noodles, Miso Broth, A soft boiled egg, Sesame Seeds, Veg..Need I go on?
Sooooooo.. this is not a super authentic ramen recipe because I’m Indian innit. Also buckwheat noodles are my go to for this because they are healthier. This is similar to those times you ate the best ramen right from a stall on a random street. So you ask someone who knows, who really knows their ramen and they give you the best recipe ever. You then adapt it to make it more you, more accessible, more Amazon friendly (incase you want to buy the Miso online) and then you gobble it up when no one is around. No sharing here.
Please please have this baby with a soft boiled egg because soft boiled eggs are also life and one should always have space for a soft boiled egg.
So basically grab your fork, spoon or shovel and get this meal down your throat.
Ramen has a real depth of flavour which isn’t from a stock cube or a load of salt like the ready kind.
I love to top my Ramen with:
A Soft Boiled Egg (NON NEGOTIABLE)
I don’t use all of the above all the time. I tend to use what I have in but what I do now is I stir fry the veg first because it adds so much more flavour!
P.s. This is a great midweek meal and perfect for days when you just don’t have the energy to make a ‘been stood in the kitchen forever mate’ meal.
- 1 Litre Veg Stock
- 1 inch Ginger crushed
- 1 Red Chilli roughly chopped
- 1 small Cinnamon Stick
- A pinch of Fennel Seeds
- 5 Black Peppercorns
- 2 Cloves
- 4 Spring Onions, Green parts sliced. (Reserve the whites for topping).
- 250g Buckwheat Noodles
- 2 tbsp Miso Paste
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp Chines 5 spice
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1 cup Veg of your choice
- Salt and White Pepper
- Combine the stock with the ginger, chilli, fennel, cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns and spring onion in a medium sized pot over high heat. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the spring onions to the stock and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove stock from the heat and remove the whole spices if you like.
- Boil eggs for 5 minutes and then run over cold water immediately. Slice in half.
- Cook Noodles according to pack instructions
- Combine the paste ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat, add a little oil and the vegetables. Stir in the paste and stir fry veg for a minute.
- Add the vegetables to the broth and season. Turn off the heat.
- Divide noodles between bowls.
- Pour over the broth and add the vegetables, eggs, sesame seeds