Super Easy Fajita Bowl
A super easy fajita bowl for those busy days. Aka a delicious meal that you can throw together after work.
Seriously like OMG. I know I sound like a teenager but it has been crazy around here today. Between the kids and the visitors, I have barely had a minute to sit down. On crazy days like these, I make food like this super easy fajita bowl. However I am fasting today and have leftovers to deal with and a worktop brimming with fresh fruit that I can’t have going off. Yesterday I made wild rice burgers and they were insanely good. Like so so good. I love food that has texture and always have done. It isn’t always about taste and balance of flavour alone. I think I mentioned that in my Crispy Sea Bass and Dahl recipe. Ok I just checked and I totally didn’t mention that. La la la.
Hmmmmok how did we get here? Oh yes, I got distracted into talking about food I made yesterday. This recipe by the way is one that is included in our FREE Ramadan Ebook which is lingering currently on our front page. BTW I can never type FREE without putting it into CAPSLOCK. It’s so strange I know.
Anyway this Fajita bowl is basically a type of cajun chicken quickly stir fried in a pan, onions and peppers stir fried, avocado and bulgar wheat or rice. You can also add a soft boiled egg and sour cream if you want to but it isn’t necessary. This is just the way my husband likes it. I usually have this with bulgar wheat because it is more filling. Also I have run out of rice and that has never happened in almost 7 years of my marriage. My mum would be horrified. She would promptly put me on the naughty step if I told her. Which I wont. Asians are not supposed to run out of rice in my mums invisible imaginary rule book.
- 1 medium Onion peeled and diced
- 1 green pepper sliced into strips
- 1lb Chicken breast in strips
- 1 tbsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Bulgar Wheat or Brown Rice Avocados sliced finely
- Sour Cream
- Half boiled Egg
- In a small bowl combine the cumin, paprika, cayenne, oregano, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Spread half of it over the chicken and half over the onions and peppers.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook 2 - 3 minutes. Then turn and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. This may take longer depending on the thickness of the chicken).
- Add the onions and pepper to the same pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl with bulgar wheat or rice, avocados, sour cream and egg.