Sweet and Sticky Hoisin Chicken Drumsticks
Sweet and sticky hoisin chicken drumsticks – an easy mouthwatering dish that is always popular. Just trust me and try it!
I kept my promise and I am doing a post despite having a swollen gob from what felt like a billion injections!I know what you’re thinking, boo hoo. Such a martyr. Lols (I still insist on using lol because it took me so long to accept it in the first place!). I’m sorry for not updating the site since the weekend? I have been in random appointments since Monday and also trying to catch up on a few things that I had to get done.
Anyway, how are you guys?! You may have noticed that the recipes on the site are becoming more ‘family friendly’. This was at the request of some of our readers who felt that some of our recipes were using ingredients that were too out there for them and they specifically requested lighter, easy recipes for families. This blog is as much about our reader as it is about us and I want to provide content that is useful for you guys, so please keep that feedback coming!
We are also still sticking with cheat days, so you will be seeing some not so healthy recipes now and again too because that’s where we are at right now. Over time, I expect that may change? Not sure yet. I want the blog to be very real and be a reflection of how we eat. I want to step away from this Instagram perfection. Very soon, I will also be taking you through my ‘dieting’ as I embark on a year long gradual change in my overall habits. This will cover 6 key areas. I will update you about them as I go along.
Over the next 3 weeks, i have an event every weekend. Two this weekend. It’s exciting and daunting at the same time. Exciting because woah I got invited and they are fun. Daunting because I have massive social anxiety especially around events. I am trying to expose myself to more events and gatherings slowly, in an attempt to get past that. A lot of you have reached out to talk about your anxiety. I want to do a little update post on that sons please bear with me.
Anyway, this chicken is absolutely AMAZING and you will love it so please, please try it. It is a lovely healthy – ish option for lunch. I use an organic, GMO free brand and have it with salad or noodles.
- 10 Chicken Drumsticks Cleaned
- 6 Garlic Cloves crushed (Adjust if this is too much for you!)
- 1/3 cup Hoisin Sauce
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chilli Sauce (I used Sambal Olek)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Lemongrass Paste (Optional)
- Salt and White Pepper to taste (Black pepper is also fine)
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds lightly toasted
- 2 Spring onions lived finely
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken and smother all over.
- Marinate overnight or at least one hour.
- Heat a large non stick pan over medium/high heat and add the drumsticks (Reserve leftover marinade).
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6.
- Pan fry the drumsticks for 2 - 3 minutes each side. (Keep a close eye on it because they may catch).
- Line a large oven tray with foil and add the drumsticks.
- Pour over marinade.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the seeds and spring onions. Serve immediately.