I am a little bit in love with my Jerry Bottle. I brought it about 2 weeks ago and it has been by my side ever since. Here is why i think you should buy one for yourself or share this post so that others can buy one.
1. They put 100% of their profits into water projects around Africa, so when you buy one, you are giving back. Water should be accessible to all. It is a basic necessity and being able to contribute towards that is kind of special.
2. They give you the coordinates of the water project you have funded on the bottom of the bottle as can be seen here. How cute is that?!
3. Environment – We send far too much plastic waste to landfills every year. A Jerry bottle isn’t something you will be throwing out, reducing our impact on the environment.
4.They look pretty good! GQ named it one of the coolest things in the world at the beginning of 2016!
5. It is a constant reminder to stay hydrated because sometimes we just forget to drink water throughout the day.
6. The electro polished interior wall keeps the water tasting great and stops transference of odours.
7. The rewards -“The best charity is giving water to drink.” [Ahmad]
Investing in water projects is a form of Sadaqah Jariyah for loved ones (including those who have passed away). Both you and the intended recipient will continue to gain reward as long as the project is bringing benefit to people, animals and plants.
8. They are transparent about their costs – More on that here.
9. Subtle branding – Who else prefers subtle branding over in your face branding? The bottle really is the star of the show.
10. It is a bottle for life, saving you a lot of money – The only part of it that may need to be replaced is the silicone band on the lid which creates the seal.