Triple Chocolate Cookie in a cast iron pan
I really did not know what to call this! Is it a deep pan cookie? A Cast iron pan cookie or is it cookie dough. I settled for this title because it covers all the bases. This triple chocolate cookie in a cast iron pan is so delicious and is a real crowd pleaser. It looks good too! When you get into the middle, you are basically in chocolate lava land. Drop some ice cream in and all is good. 🙂
This is something everyone should make. It is perfect for that day off from healthy eating that some of us eagerly anticipate all week. I would strongly suggest that you only make this in a cast iron pan although. You can try it in a cake tin and cook for slightly longer if you want to. It will yield similar results but it won’t be the same.
I will be putting up a recipe for a copycat Pizza Hut style cookie dough soon so keep your eyes peeled for that.
In my opinion, a cast iron pan is something every kitchen should have. I have only had mine a short time but i use it alot for both sweet and savoury dishes. They are relatively inexpensive and this is the cast iron pan/Skillet i would recommend.
It takes less then five minutes to put the cookie dough together. It is literally a case of mixing the ingredients together, dry first and then wet. Sometimes, i just bung it all in the processor in one go and then put it into the oven. This is a super chocolatey cookie dough but you can cut the quantities down or add dried fruits or nuts in instead.
I am at my mum’s for two weeks and she is having work done in the kitchen so i have no access to a kitchen for that whole time! I think i will be having serious withdrawal symptoms soon . I already am to be honest!
- 300g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 110g granulated sugar
- 160g light brown sugar
- 170g butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g white chocolate broken in pieces
- 110g dairy milk broken in pieces
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4.
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl.
- Then stir in the sugars, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Now add the butter, egg and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Finally, mix in the dairy milk and white chocolate pieces ensuring the chocolates are distributed throughout the dough.
- Spread the mixture into a 10 – 12 inch cast iron pan/skillet and top with dark chocolate chips.
- Bake until golden brown. This takes around 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and top with vanilla ice-cream.