Two ingredient banana pancakes with a blueberry coulis
There is nothing better then a breakfast you can just knock together when you are half asleep. These two ingredient banana pancakes with a blueberry coulis fit the bill perfectly. If you are really half asleep, you can leave the coulis out and just use maple syrup instead. By the way, these pancakes are gluten free!
Yesterday I was talking about how my family are all coming round over the weekend. Well, it turns out that there were some crossed wires. Only my parents are coming. I am happy they are coming but I wish everyone was coming. The last time I went up north was for one day only in July (Eid). 4 months ago! WOW! My sister has stayed over since then and I have also seen my siblings at an event. The next time I am going to my parents house is in March! OMG! That’s like forever away. I can’t get there before then though. 🙁 My sister is having a baby in February and I am so excited! I cannae wait mate.
Next year Ramadan is in May. Therefore Ramadan Eid will be in June. As soon as Ramadan is over, I have coursework due in. At the moment it feels like there is loads but I think a part of that is because I need to go over all the course material again.
I am making gnocchi today and a few other things because yesterday I was sick so I didn’t cook or bake. My husband made fattoush. It was delicious. However, because of yesterday, I am behind schedule today. I hate to be behind schedule. It does my head in.
Anyway, these pancakes are great for a few people because they are fairly quick to make. They are really fab for lazy days. They are yummy too which kinda helps.
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 large eggs (Approx 50g each)
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinager
- Peel and mash the banana completely.
- Whisk the egg and add to the banana.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and melt some butter.
- Drop 2 tbsp of the batter into the pan. Make about 4-5 together, depending on the size of your pan.
- Cook for one minute then flip very gently.
- Cook for another minute and remove from the pan.
- Continue cooking the rest of the pancakes.
- Combine all ingredients in a pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve the pancakes with the coulis.
When the bananas and eggs are combined, feel free to add any flavours e.g. cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger. To add choc chips, add just before you flip the pancake over. The pancakes are great served with maple syrup too!