Wholewheat and Chocolate Banana Bread
This wholewheat and chocolate banana bread is moist, delicious and nutritious. It kinda smells like a cozy home. You know those homes with a crackling log fire, huge armchair and a knitted blanket. Yeah those homes. Also it has chocolate chips in it so you don’t have a choice but to make it.
I do also have other banana based recipes like:
But they are definitely not as healthy as this banana bread right here. I am just lending a helping hand to all those people that are thinking about starting a detox before the new year begins. This would fit into your plan a bit better then the other two.
I can’t believe it is approaching 1pm and I haven’t cooked yet. That is unheard of. I do have leftovers like but no one will eat those besides me. The perks of being a mother. We get all the best jobs. So if you are considering becoming a mum, that is one of the selling points right there.
Anyway it won’t take long for me to cook. I am in tray bake central right now. Marinading and dumping into the oven is about all I have energy for today. Let me tell you why. The other night I was a goody two shoes and went to bed ridiculously early. This is after a sleepless night the previous night when my son woke up because of the blanket or something. Anyway, basically that night I wasn’t able to get back to sleep.
The problem is I am a very light sleeper so yesterday (already exhausted) I woke up at 12 to the sound of my husband looking for goodness knows what (why don’t they do these things quietly) and then I was awake ALL night until 6am. YES REALLY. I could not get to sleep and no i didn’t touch my phone. I tossed and turned all night. I prayed. I counted sheep. I thought of really boring things. I spoke to my sleeping child about how much I love them through tired frustrated tears, I went for a walk around the house and then I gave up and went downstairs and cried my eyes out some more. By the way my husband was fast asleep pretty much the minute he woke me up. Of course he was. Man special. Do they not have any thoughts before they fall asleep? Does nothing bother them? It takes me at least 30 minutes of thinking before I can sleep.
So basically I am in no mood to start cooking massive elaborate meals. I have sleep to catch up on and traybake are pretty nice if you ask me.
- 3 Large over ripe Bananas
- 1 large Egg
- 80g plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Milk of choice
- 70g Coconut Sugar or Light Brown Sugar
- 80g Maple Syrup or Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 185g Whole wheat/meal Flour
- 130g Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4, 180C Electric, 160C Fan.
- Lightly grease an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with oil.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl until smooth. Whisk in the egg, then the yogurt, milk and oil.
- Stir in the sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, and salt and stir until combined.
- Gently stir in the flour.
- Scrape half the mixture into the prepared pan and add half the chocolate chips. Top with remaining batter and chocolate chips and place on middle rack of oven. Bake for 40 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Check midway and cover with foil if the top is browning too fast.
- P.s. banana cakes always taste better a couple of days later, if you can wait that long.