I mentioned in a previous post that when I first started my healing journey, my mentor and teacher asked me to start simply by using affirmations. At the time I didn't see the significance but now, I use them all the time and I encourage my children to do the same.
What are Affirmations
Affirmations are short statements that can boost how you feel about yourself and challenge deep rooted unhelpful thoughts that you may hold in your subconscious. They are a way to reprogram your mind and overwrite any negative thoughts/ideas. It is a way to create a belief system that is geared towards helping you to succeed or overcome difficulties.
Practicing affirmations is as easy as repeating a phrase repeatedly until it replaces an unfavourable thinking pattern.
This can be done daily but it can also be done whenever you feel the need to use them.
Affirmations for Anxiety
When it comes to Anxiety, it really isn't as simple as saying an affirmation and hoping that you will never feel anxious again. This post doesn't negate the idea that anxiety can be difficult to push through.
However, you can frame your thoughts in a way to help you to get through an anxious period by repeating positive, empowering and uplifting affirmations.
I do have to warn you though, that repeating affirmations does feel phoney to begin with. It takes a bit of getting used to but it will soon become second nature.
Examples of Affirmations for Anxiety
The affirmations below can be effective for Anxiety and some of them are statements I have used over the past 2 -3 years.
- I attract positive energy into my body.
- I breathe easily, gently and naturally.
- I am grounded and connected to the Earth.
- All things happen for me.
- I am surrounded by Peace.
- I breathe in relaxation, I breathe out anxiety.
- I am capable of overcoming any challenges and have done so before.
- I am free of anxiety and am living a calm life.
- My mind is full of uplifting and positive thoughts.
- I attract positive people and energy.
- I am greatful for my life and welcome goodness.
- I am brave and capable of conquering anything that comes my way.
- I handle all challenges with ease.
- I have all the resources I need within me.
- I can overcome anxiety.
- I am safe and in control.
- Fear, Anxiety and Panic has left my body.
- My mind is clear.
- My body is relaxed.
- Every difficulty helps me to grow.
- All is well in my world.
- My contribution is welcome and needed. I am respected and loved.
- I love and approve of myself and I trust the process of life. I am safe. (This affirmation is Via Louise Hay's Book - Heal your Body).
- I love to meet new people and people love to be around me.
- I am surrounded by goodness, love and light.
- I thrive in groups and contribute positively in social situations.
- I am confident and calm around people.
- I converse with ease.
- I deserve love and support.
- I acknowledge that this is hard but I am strong and I know that this will help me to grow.
Take one or two of these affirmations, or make up some of your own and say them to yourself whenever the need arises. The best way to find affirmations that work for you, is to let your conscious be your guide. Simple close your eyes and the words should follow.
Much Love. Wishing you good health and healing. - Safira x
More posts that may help:
**If you have enjoyed this post/have benefited from it, please share, comment or dm us to share your thoughts/any relevant and helpful advice.
**Disclaimer - This post is provided for general information purposes only, and should not be treated as a substitute for the medical advise of your own doctor or any other health care professional. However helpful they are, affirmations are not a substitute for mental/medical health advice/care and you should seek help if you need it.
Leave a Reply