Black Rice Thai Cold Noodle Salad – made with rice noodles and fresh veggies this is the best cold pasta salad ever.
Cold Thai Noodle Salad is one of those recipes I hesitated to put on the site. I didn’t know if people would really like it. For the past year, I’ve cooked many gluten free recipes for myself and there has been some confusion around that. I prefer to eat gluten free most of the time and where there is an option to do so, I generally take it but I am no angel, I also eat most things when I am with family and friends! My struggle with food is ongoing!
If you fancy swapping out some ingredients in this salad, try adding:
- Spring Onions
- Swap the coriander for parsley
- Use honey instead of sugar
- Peanut butter would be an tasty easy addition to this salad.
For more asian food, try:
- Nutty Crunchy Asian Coleslaw
- Asian chicken salad
- Thai Red Curry Chicken Thighs with Rice Noodles
- Red Thai Curry Soup with Rice Noodles
- Honey, Five Spice and Sesame Chicken
- Asian rice noodle and chicken salad
- Thai Red Chicken and Coconut Soup
- Easy Squash Laksa
This Thai Noodle Salad is the perfect salad, perfect for your lunch box and even kids love it. It’s full of lovely crunchy vibrant vegetables.
What I used in this recipe:
- Black Rice Noodles – These rice noodles are amazing and make this dish delicious, nutty and subtle. If you use tamari sauce instead of soy sauce, this dish is gluten free!
Rice Vinegar – Available in almost all supermarkets, this is a great vinegar to keep on hand. It does have a hint of sweetness to it, so don’t replace with any other vinegar except perhaps a red wine vinegar if you absolutely need to.
Soy Sauce – I prefer Kikkoman and feel it has the best flavor overall and I always recommend reduced salt.
- Sesame Oil – The flavor of sesame oil in this dish is unmistakeable and I don’t feel it can be replaced!
Black Rice Thai Cold Noodle Salad
Black Rice Thai Cold Noodle Salad - made with rice noodles and fresh veggies this is the best cold pasta salad ever.
- 400 g Black Rice Noodles
- 1 Red Pepper diced
- 1 Yellow Pepper diced
- 1 Red Onion diced
- 1 Carrot diced
- 1/2 Cucumber diced
- Small Handful Coriander chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 inch Ginger crushed
- 3 cloves Garlic crushed
- 50 ml Sesame Oil
- 70 ml Rice Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1 tsp Salt
Cook noodles according to pack instructions.
Add the remaining salad ingredients to a large bowl the add the noodles.
Whisk the ingredients for the salad dressing in a separate bowl.
Add dressing to the noodles and enjoy!