What are Affirmations?
Affirmations are short, powerful & empowering statements that can make you feel more positive about yourself or a situation.
They usually help by replacing any deep rooted negative self talk that you may be holding in your subconscious.
Affirmations help to create a belief system that is aligned towards helping you to succeed or overcome difficulties.
Practicing affirmations is as easy as repeating a phrase repeatedly until it replaces an unfavourable thinking pattern. This can be done daily but it can also be done whenever you feel the need to use them.
Self love and Self Care are about so many things. Ultimately though I think it is about having a deep understanding and appreciation of who you are, honouring the whole of you, having compassion for yourself, respecting your boundaries and working towards becoming the best version of yourself.
It can be about treating yourself like you would anyone you truly value. Or about getting a true understanding of who you are and appreciating the whole of you.
It can also be about accepting yourself as you are right now whilst knowing that you deserve to reach your highest potential and then working towards that.
Or about looking after your needs – mental, emotional and physical. Or even about surrounding yourself with things, people and ideas that make you feel good and inspire to be the best you can be whilst taking a step back from anything that doesn’t serve you.
Getting to know yourself
I think one of the first steps to loving yourself is to truly understand yourself and get in tune with your feelings.
The first step in doing this is to acknowledge what you are feeling, allow the feelings to come without trying to suppress or distract yourself, trying to understand why you are feeling what you are and finding a beneficial solution.
E.g. I feel frustrated because my carpet fitter didn’t arrive. Do I need to talk to someone? Do I need reassurance? Do I need to make my boundaries clear?
Do what feels right and then make space to understand and appreciate your reaction.
Self Love Affirmations
Affirmations said with belief and confidence on a regular basis, can really be life changing.
Repeating some Self Love affirmations regularly or saying them to cancel out a recurring negative thought can change your mindset completely.
I like to do affirmations after every Salah (Prayers). There are many days when I forget but on the days I do remember, I can really feel the positive difference.
It is important to remember to breathe gently throughout, and try to make your out breath longer then your in breath. It will help you to stay present throughout.
Doing them in front of the mirror is also helpful or recording them in your own voice and playing them back as and when you need them is also a good idea.
50 Self Love Affirmations
- I am Enough.
- I am Seen.
- I am Loved.
- My feelings matter.
- I am learning and growing everyday.
- I am Beautiful.
- I deserve happiness, success and Love.
- I love and appreciate myself.
- I am proud of who I am and who I am becoming.
- I deserve the best that life has to offer.
- I believe in my ability to succeed.
- All my feelings are valid and OK.
- I deserved have support from those around me.
- I choose to do hard things that help me to grow.
- I always bring my best and do my best.
- I love my own company.
- I honor and respect my limitations.
- People love and accept me for who I am.
- I am beautiful inside and out.
- I love my body and all it does for me. My body heals quickly.
- I respect my boundaries and so do others.
- I embrace my whole self.
- I surround myself with people who inspire me.
- I deserve happiness.
- Everything I need is inside me.
- I am capable of reaching my goals
- I accept myself unconditionally.
- I am strong and resilient.
- I am successful.
- I forgive myself and learn from my mistakes.
- I am deeply valued.
- My voice and opinions are appreciated.
- I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
- I overcome challenges gracefully and with ease
- I have a beautiful, kind and caring heart.
- I am exactly where I need to be in this moment.
- I believe in myself.
- I accept compliments easily.
- I have so much to offer the world.
- My life is filled with love and joy
- I have achieved great things
- I respect myself.
- I radiate confidence
- My mind is filled with loving thoughts.
- I attract positive and loving people into my life.
- I practice self-compassion regularly.
- I honour my journey.
- I listen to my body and treat it with care.
- I attract goodness.
- My life is full of great opportunities
How to use Affirmations
It is as simple as making them a part of your routine and repeating them aloud at a time that suits you.
I like to choose 1 or 2 per day depending on what I am experiencing at the time.
How to make it work with your Belief System
If you are someone who believes in God, you can word your affirmations to include your beliefs like I do.
‘With the help of Allah and with thanks to Allah, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.’
End with Alhamdulillah.