This Vegan/Vegetarian Healthy Manchow Soup – Indo Chinese popular indo chinese soup that is great whatever the weather. (In my opinion). Most people seem to prefer it just in Winter but I don’t think it is a heavy soup and I feel that this Veg Manchow Soup is suited to summer too! It is a quick, easy and simple recipe. So it is great for a quick weeknight dinner and it is ready in less than 25 minutes.
Healthy and Fragrant Indo Chinese Fusion Soup
This Chinese vegetable soup to me in India in a bowl. This Indo chinese Manchow soup is found on every Indian restaurant menu in India. I remember it well. Hot and Sour Soup also graces the menu but this is slightly different. In a hot and sour soup, usually a green chilli or red chilli sauce is added or white/black pepper. The sour element usually comes in the form of vinegar. See this recipe here.
Traditionally this soup is topped with crisp fried noodles but I have left them out and just added boiled noodles instead. I also use vegetable stock over water in soups because it adds so much more flavour and depth.
How to make Vegetarian Manchow Soup
- Chop all your veggies and set aside.
- Boil the noodles and set aside.
- Fry off onions, ginger, garlic, and green chilies.
- Add all the vegetables (you can use any you desire), season and cook briefly.
- Pour in the Soy sauce, veg stock, and salt.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, At this stage you may need to add cornflour (mixed in water) to thicken it up.
- Garnish with spring onions.
- This Chinese Noodle Soup is also great as a end of the week fridge raid clear out. You can in any vegetables and proteins you have.
- I have used a variety of noodles when making vegetarian man chow soup. This time I used egg noodles but really any type of noodle works. Check out this range of noodles here with info on how they are usually served.
Other Recipes using noodles/spaghetti:
- Thai Red Curry Chicken Thighs with Rice Noodles
- Red Thai Curry Soup with Rice Noodles
- Honey and Soy Noodles – Ready in 5 minutes!
- Lentil, Turmeric Spaghetti and Coconut, Lemongrass Prawns
- Khloe Kardashians Chinese Chicken Salad – Health Nut CopyCat
- Kawsay or Khow suey – Chicken and spaghetti in coconut milk
**Do let me know if you try this recipe by reviewing, commenting, messaging!
Vegan/Vegetarian Healthy Manchow Soup - Indo Chinese
Vegan/Vegetarian Healthy Manchow Soup - Indo Chinese - A fragrant, light fusion vegetarian soup that will be ready in 25 minutes.
- 200 g Noodles (Egg or any other) Boil according to instructions and set aside. Adjust quantity according to your taste.
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Red Onion diced
- 4 - 6 Garlic Cloves crushed
- 1.5 inch Ginger crushed
- 2 Green Chillies chopped finely
- 1 Red Pepper cut into strips
- 2 Carrots cut into strips
- 120 g Green Beans cut into small pieces
- 150 g Mushrooms sliced
- 75 g Frozen Corn Kernels
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1.5 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 750 ml Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Corn flour dissolved in a little water Optional
- 2 Spring Onions chopped fine
Heat the oil in a pan, add garlic, ginger and green chilli and saute on medium heat for 1 minute before adding the onions.
Cook onions till lightly golden. Around 4 minutes.
Add the vegetables and black pepper and saute for 2 minutes.
Add the soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes before pouring in the stock and rice vinegar. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
Gradually add the cornflour paste and continuously stir to incorporate.
Simmer for 5 minutes, stir in the noodles and garnish with spring onions.
You can fry the noodles after they have been boiled and left to dry out. They add a crunch to the soup but the recipe isn't as healthy.