Healing and aromatic Veggie Coconut Curry Noodle Soup with ginger, turmeric and spinach. This soup is quick and easy to make and a real flavour explosion in a bowl.
Coconut curry noodle soup
Healing, comforting and aromatic Coconut Curry Noodle Soup with ginger, turmeric and spinach. This soup is quick and easy to make and a real flavour explosion in a bowl.
- 5 - 6 Garlic Cloves
- 2 inch Ginger Roughly chopped
- 1 small Red Onion Cut into large cubes
- 1 small Onion Cut into large cubes
- 2 Green Chillies Roughly chopped, seeds removed if you prefer
- 1/2 Lime Juice only
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 l Vegetable Stock
- 400 g Coconut Milk
- 300g Udon Noodles or Noodles of your choice Cooked according to pack instructions
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- Handful Spinach
- 2 Spring Onions Sliced finely
Combine all the ingredeints from the garlic cloves till the black pepper in a blender. Blend until combined. If moisure is required, add a little oil and blend again.
Heat a pot over medium high heat and add oil. Add the paste and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on medium/low heat.
Stir in vegetable stock and coconut milk. Allow to simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
Add spinach and salt to soup and simmer for 1 minute.
Divide noodles amongst bowls and ladle over the soup. Top with spring onions.
- Use any veg you like in the recipe.
- Make it as spicy or mild as you want. Remove seeds if you prefer a milder soup.
- This paste can be used in many recipes, so you can make up a big batch and keep it in the fridge.
- Meat version: Add leftover, cooked meats at the end.
- Seafood version: Add some prawns towards the end of the cooking process. Once they turn pink, they’re ready to serve.
- More Vegetarian: You can add any vegetables of your choice to this soup. Cooking the vegetables separately means the veg will be more firm but I tend to add them in (when using) towards the end of cooking time instead.
Wow, that colour is amazing! I love a good soup and this one looks great, I love all the flavours in this. Can't wait to try it.
Thank you Michelle, Hope you love it.
I love fragrant and flavourful soups like this one. Addition of noodles made it lovely and filling too which is a bonus. Will definitely be making again!
Yes the noodles make it a more hearty meal for sure! Thank you, glad you enjoyed it.
Bintu | Recipes From A Pantry says
This looks like such a delicious and wholesome soup - perfect for this time of year! It sounds like it is packed full of flavour.
Thank you. 🙂
Amanda Wren-Grimwood says
What a great recipe and perfect for using up leftover veggies too.
Yes perfect for end of the week veg use up. Thank you!
So many lovely flavours in the broth! I can't wait to try this noodle soup.
Thanks Kate, Hope you love it. 🙂
Hey Safira, Fascinating recipe! I love healthy soups. Your recipe for Veggie Coconut Curry Noodle Soup is amazing. I tried this recipe and it was delicious. Thanks for sharing such a nice recipe.
So glad to read that you loved this recipe! Thank you for sharing your feedback.