One of my favourite and easy go to snacks is these energising Peanut Butter Balls. These Date and Peanut Butter Balls are also a favourite of my kids who love to make them in the blender because they are so easy to make. Also because kids love to press buttons on machines.
I don’t know about you, but I am always looking for a healthy snack that will keep me full. One that doesn't take much effort to make. These date and peanut butter balls are just perfect for that. Healthy, convenient, and easy to make.
The main ingredients in these energy balls are dates, nuts, peanut butter and oats and there are several million variations of this recipe all over the internet. Meaning you can chop and change it as much as you like!
These are sweetened naturally with delicious soft medjoul dates and as such, no other sweetener is required. These little delicious bites of yumminess are very adaptable too. You will need to pre soak dates though, if they are not soft. I love the flavour that peanut butter adds in this recipe, however you can try any other almond or other nut butters. I love Pip and Nut.
I love having snacks to hand for the afternoon slump and during the week for my kids. I so also make them in Ramadan. Absolutely perfect for people like me who can't eat much at Sehri.
They are also great for breastfeeding mums. Something I found out a few years ago. When I was up in the early hours nursing my kids and I was starving marvin. I would have these to hand by my bedside in a sealed container and just grab one. They did the trick!
These date and peanut butter balls keep well in the fridge in an airtight container, for 4-5 days. Remove them from the fridge an hour before you plan on serving them. You can also freeze them in freezer bags for up to 3 months.
If you try this recipe, please let us know by leaving a comment or taking a picture and tagging me on Instagram.
Date and Peanut Butter Balls
One of my favourite and easy go to snack is these energising Peanut Butter Balls. These Date and Peanut Butter Balls are also a favourite of my kids who love to make them in the blender because they are fun to make too.
- 24 Medjool Dates
- 40 g Pecans lightly toasted in a dry pan
- 140 g Peanuts roasted, salted
- 160 g Smooth Peanut Butter I use Pip and Nut or make my own
- 6 tbsp Oats
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon Adjust if this feels like too much to you
Add the dates to a blender/processor and blend until they form a paste.
Add the remaining ingredients and pulse till combined.
Measure out a tablespoon of mixture and roll into a ball. Continue until all the mixture is used up.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes and gobble up. Store remaining balls in an airtight container in the fridge.
- These date and peanut butter balls keep well in the fridge in an airtight container, for 4-5 days. Remove them from the fridge an hour before you plan on serving them. You can also freeze them in freezer bags for up to 3 months.
- If your dates are not soft, you will need to soak them in water for around 10 minutes.
- This recipe is one I adapted from a mixture of a Deliciously Ella recipe and a recipe mentioned in the comment section of Minimalist Bakers website - On her Peanut Butter Cup Energy Bites. (I had my binoculars out that day, clearly).