Egg fried rice is awesome! I love it. Not only is it really easy to make, it is also delicious. Usually associated with asian/chinese food, it also makes a great side to most dishes.
With it being asian, I wasn't expecting to see so much of it in India. We went to India many years ago. I was only 9. I won't tell you my age now but it's a bit more then 9. So anyway, every single restaurant we went to was serving egg fried rice and they made such a big thing of it, so naturally we ordered it every time. It was so good. Like really really good.
This started my lifelong obsession with egg fried rice. I already love rice. I am telling you, I don't need to worry about that whole pringles, once it pops you can't stop business. My issue is rice. Once the pot opens, I am like a bee to honey. I can't keep away. I could quite happily sit in the pot and eat my way out of a biryani.
I kind of assumed everyone was the same when I was younger and then I realised my sister, my own flesh and blood doesn't like rice. What a betrayal. I mean, what's her problem? What's wrong with her? Lol ( I know, I hate saying LOL too but ya know..).
We are watching Madagascar today. It really makes me laugh. Like belly laugh. I feel like I know the characters. I love cartoons/animations. Shrek is just pure genius. However, when we watched it last week..my son got a little upset. It is actually kinda funny. Basically Fiona's dad was dying. Her dad had turned into a frog and it was meant to be funny. I looked over at my son and he was really sad. So i paused it and spoke to him. Basically it reminded him of losing his grandfather. 🙁 So we had a little chat and then my hubby had a chat with him too. He was actually ok after we explained things to him a bit more.
Back to the recipe, I hope you enjoy it and that this recipe will become a staple side in your house.
Egg Fried Rice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups white rice cooked
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 eggs whisked
- 150 g frozen peas and carrots
- 2 spring onions sliced finely
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large wok or pot over a high heat.
- Add the rice and mix into the oil.
- Cook for 3 - 4 minutes or until rice begins to colour very slightly but isn't browned.
- Stir in the soy sauce, fish sauce and sesame oil and stir quickly to combine.
- Make a well in the centre of the rice and stir in the eggs. Scramble and stir through rice.
- Add the frozen carrots, peas and spring onions and stir in. Serve immediately.