Indian Roasted Chicken Legs with Baby Potatoes - I have been making this recipe for years. It is perfect for busy days. The 'work' (If you can call it that) is all in the marinading. So its another hands off recipe where you can either get on with other jobs or put your feet up. That decision is yours.
The longer the marinating time the better, so try and prep this the night before if you can. Then just pop it in the fridge overnight. I know a lot of people do this two marinade thing but seriously who has the time. Step 1 is usually using lemon juice and the second step is using yoghurt.
P.s.The excess marinade makes a really good saucy gravy that you can dunk some naan bread into.
Needless to say, this chicken is delicious. It’s been made so many times now, that it’s a real family favourite and a recipe I always use when I am busy.
The best thing about this recipe is that you probably won't have to go searching for ingredients because they are the usual store cupboard ingredients that most people have already. Once it is in the oven you don't have to worry about it too much. It comes out juicy and spicy and just plain delicious basically. The baby or new potatoes complement the chicken perfectly. You can parboil them if you wish but that is absolutely optional.
This is a simple recipe and one I am sure you will be using time and time again.
By the way yesterday I did some mass meal prep and I don't have to cook today. WOOOOOOOOOO. It was an absolute mission but so worth it because woah I have managed to cram in a whole load of work today!
Indian Roasted Chicken Legs with Baby Potatoes
- 3 lb Chicken Legs/Drumsticks Skinless
- 500 grams Greek Yoghurt
- 2 large Lemons Juiced
- 5 - 6 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 inch Ginger crushed
- 1 - 2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cloves
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 500 grams New Potatoes
- Combine the yoghurt with all the remaining ingredients to form the marinade. Pour over the chicken legs and coat evenly using your hands. Leave in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 175 C, Gas Mark 3. Add the chicken, potatoes (chop any large ones into 1 inch pieces) and marinade to a deep baking tray and cover with foil.
- Roast for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for a further 30 minutes.