These Indian Chicken Kebabs are as simple as they get. Minced Chicken Meat is combined with spices and shallow fried to create a delicious juicy kebab that is perfect for sandwiches, wraps and salads.
Indian Chicken Kebabs
You know when you are meal prepping (Sundays for me) and you are DONE with the usual stuff, and someone suggests kebabs and you think hmmm..and then they send you a sample and you think double hmmm.
That is what happened here. My amazing Mother in Law (MA) sent over a tub of kebab mix for me around a month ago and ever since then, I have been making them for the kids sandwiches and for myself too.
I have of course made chicken kebabs many times before but sometimes you forget and a reminder gets you making that thing you love so much again.
**If you make this recipe, please don't forget to rate/comment or tag us on Social Media.
Indian Chicken Kebabs
These chicken kebabs are as simple as they get. Minced Chicken Meat is combined with spices and shallow fried to create a delicious juicy kebab that is perfect for sandwiches, wraps and salads.
- 2 kg Chicken mince I use Thigh or Leg
- 1 Egg
- 1 large Onion Diced or grated
- Handful Coriander Chopped finely
- 2 tbsp Ginger Crushed
- 2 tbsp Garlic Crushed
- 1 tbsp Green Chilli Crushed
- 2 tbsp Gram Flour Dry roasted in a pan for 2 - 3 minutes
- 2.5 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2.5 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes Optional
- 1 tbsp Pomegranate Powder Or use a little Lemon Juice instead
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder or use 1.5 tbsp Kebab Masala instead
- 2 - 3 tsp Salt
Combine chicken mince with remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
Oil hands very slightly and shape mixture into round kebabs.
Add 1 tbsp Oil to a frying pan and shallow fry for 5 - 6 minutes each side.
I prefer to use thigh or leg meat for this recipe. It makes for a juicier kebab. In some places, the butcher will grind the meat down with the remaining ingredients.
Onions and Coriander
You can whack them into the blender to grind them up rather then chopping by hand.
How to Serve Chicken Kebabs?
- Garnish with lime wedges and quick pickled red onions. Serve with Mint Chutney on the side for dipping and Kachumbur Salad.
- Serve as a starter alongside sauces and other starters.
- Add them to a salad or make a wrap with lettuce, onion, tomatoes and Chutney.
- Form into balls and make a Kofta Curry with them.
- Serve with rice and raita for a filling lunch or dinner.
Tips to make the best Chicken Kebabs
- Marinate for 20 - 30 minutes to let the flavours mingle. This is not essential!
- For best results cook the meat until just done. This will result in soft, juicy & tender chicken kebabs. It is very easy to take it too far but this results in kebabs that are rubbery.
How to store Chicken Kebabs in the fridge or freezer?
- Make a batch of the mince and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can make a batch whenever you like.
- Make up a batch of kebabs and freeze for later use or meal prep for the week.
How to reheat Chicken Kebabs?
To reheat from frozen, place the kebabs in the fridge to defrost overnight. Reheat for 8 - 10 minutes in the pan with 1 - 2 tbsp oil.