I know that the pomegranate and toasted seeds seem to be appearing on more and more of my salads but I just love them!!!!
This Paneer Quinoa Salad with Pomegranate and Toasted Seeds is a really good salad as part of a main and also makes a fantastic side.
Quinoa is an edible seed and is very popular amongst the health conscious because it is so nutrient dense. Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain all nine essential amino acids. It is also high in fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants
P.s. This is a great salad to serve for dinner guests as part of a main meal and one to definitely bookmark for the future.
I hope you are all well btw. I know you all know already but England lost the game a couple of days ago. The one everyone seemed to be talking about. It isn't my thing to be honest. I used to love Football. I couldn't care less about it now. So much so that I didn't know Gareth Southgate was the England team manager. Of course I remember Gareth and that penalty shootout from the days I was into football. I believe they still have one game to go though to play for third place or summat. It was in one of my watsapp groups. Shall we just move on? My lack of enthusiasm is coming across.
I am enthusiastic about this salad though! (Hi it's me Lame-A-Saurus).
Anyway, I hope you make it and enjoy it as much as i do!
Paneer Quinoa Salad with Pomegranate and Toasted Seeds
- 400 grams Quinoa I used red and white
- 1 l Stock
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 225 grams Paneer cut into cubes
- 1 large Cucumber diced
- 1 large Red Onion diced
- 4 large handfuls Mixed Salad Leaves
- 4 tbsp Mixed Seeds Dry Pan fried until fragrant
- 1 Pomegranate Arials removed
Mint and Coriander Dressing
- 100 grams Plain Yoghurt
- Small handful Coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp Dried Mint
- 1/2 inch Fresh Ginger
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Lemon juice and zest of
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Pinch Salt
- 2 Green Chillies
- Pour the stock into a large pot and bring to the boil. Add the Quinoa and bring back to the boil, then cover and lower the heat. Simmer for 15 - 17 minutes and fluff with a fork. Season if needed - this depends on the stock!
- Meanwhile, in a large pan over medium heat, drizzle in the oil.
- Add the paneer to the pan and cover the pan. Cook for 2 minutes on a medium/low heat, then turn and cook for a further 2 minutes. Make sure the pan is covered because the water content in the paneer means that it splutters a lot.
- Add all the ingredients for the dressing to a blender and blend till combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients and top with quinoa and paneer. Taste and season! Enjoy!