This Vegan/Vegetarian Healthy Manchow Soup – Indo Chinese popular indo chinese soup that is great whatever the weather. (In my opinion). Most people seem to prefer it just in Winter but I don’t think it is a heavy soup and I feel that this Veg Manchow Soup is suited to summer too! It is a quick, easy and simple recipe. So it is great for a quick weeknight dinner and it is ready in less than 25 minutes.
Healthy and Fragrant Indo Chinese Fusion Soup
This Chinese vegetable soup to me in India in a bowl.
This Indo chinese Manchow soup is found on every Indian restaurant menu in India.
I remember it well. Hot and Sour Soup also graces the menu but this is slightly different.
In a hot and sour soup, usually a green chilli or red chilli sauce is added or white/black pepper. The sour element usually comes in the form of vinegar.
Traditionally this soup is topped with crisp fried noodles but I have left them out and just added boiled noodles instead.
I also use vegetable stock over water in soups because it adds so much more flavour and depth.
How to make Vegetarian Manchow Soup
Chop all your veggies and set aside.
Boil the noodles and set aside.
Fry off onions, ginger, garlic, and green chilies.
Add all the vegetables (you can use any you desire), season and cook briefly.
Pour in the Soy sauce, veg stock, and salt.
Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, At this stage you may need to add cornflour (mixed in water) to thicken it up.
Garnish with spring onions.
- This Chinese Noodle Soup is also great as a end of the week fridge raid clear out. You can in any vegetables and proteins you have.
- I have used a variety of noodles when making vegetarian man chow soup. This time I used egg noodles but really any type of noodle works. Check out this range of noodles here with info on how they are usually served.
Other Recipes using noodles/spaghetti:
- Thai Red Curry Chicken Thighs with Rice Noodles
- Red Thai Curry Soup with Rice Noodles
- Honey and Soy Noodles – Ready in 5 minutes!
- Lentil, Turmeric Spaghetti and Coconut, Lemongrass Prawns
- Khloe Kardashians Chinese Chicken Salad – Health Nut CopyCat
- Kawsay or Khow suey – Chicken and spaghetti in coconut milk
**Do let me know if you try this recipe by reviewing, commenting, messaging!
Vegan/Vegetarian Healthy Manchow Soup - Indo Chinese
Vegan/Vegetarian Healthy Manchow Soup - Indo Chinese - A fragrant, light fusion vegetarian soup that will be ready in 25 minutes.
- 200 g Noodles (Egg or any other) Boil according to instructions and set aside. Adjust quantity according to your taste.
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Red Onion diced
- 4 - 6 Garlic Cloves crushed
- 1.5 inch Ginger crushed
- 2 Green Chillies chopped finely
- 1 Red Pepper cut into strips
- 2 Carrots cut into strips
- 120 g Green Beans cut into small pieces
- 150 g Mushrooms sliced
- 75 g Frozen Corn Kernels
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1.5 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 750 ml Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Corn flour dissolved in a little water Optional
- 2 Spring Onions chopped fine
Heat the oil in a pan, add garlic, ginger and green chilli and saute on medium heat for 1 minute before adding the onions.
Cook onions till lightly golden. Around 4 minutes.
Add the vegetables and black pepper and saute for 2 minutes.
Add the soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes before pouring in the stock and rice vinegar. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
Gradually add the cornflour paste and continuously stir to incorporate.
Simmer for 5 minutes, stir in the noodles and garnish with spring onions.
You can fry the noodles after they have been boiled and left to dry out. They add a crunch to the soup but the recipe isn't as healthy.