Turkish Chicken Salad
This turkish chicken salad is my favourite chicken salad. It has has all the flavours you would expect in a turkish salad with the pomegranate molasses and sumac chicken and it is served atop a smooth hummus with cucumbers, tomatoes and juicy pomegranate seeds. What’s not to like?
- 1lb skinless chicken breast washed
- 1 tsp aleppo chilli flakes or ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sumac
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses (Gluten free versions are available)
- Ingredients and recipe for the plain hummus here and top with 1 tsp Zataar. (Gluten free tahini is available)
- Seeds from half a pomegranate
- ¼ cucumber sliced finely
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 pack dried beetroot crisps (optional)
- Marinade the chicken in all the ingredients listed. Add the oil to a non stick pan and add the chicken. Cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook for a further ten minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes and cut into strips.
- Make the hummus using this recipe (the plain one) and top with the zataar.
- In a bowl spread the hummus, top with the chicken and topping ingredients.